A penny for your thoughts

...

Monday, May 16, 2011

13.1-er

Never been more ready to FINALLY be a 13.1-er. Lots of hard work. Lots of miles. Lets do this. 5 days....

School is winding down. Its nice. Yearbooks were delivered today, and I probably won't do this every year, but I'm having my students sign mine. It'll be a nice way to commemorate my first year of teaching. Sometimes it seems like the year went by in the blink of an eye, and other times it feels like this 9 months has been about 8 years. Maybe I'll miss the 8th graders.....maybe not. : )

I know I've blogged about this before...but in the month of June alone, The Hearns (Nathan and I) are going on not one, not two, but THREE vacations. As each day passes I am becoming increasingly more excited about each one. The whole concept of summer has always, but more so since college, been a thrilling one to me. This summer will be especially relaxing, and I can almost literally not wait. Just 11 more days. Mmmmm. The anticipation of summer is strangely akin to the anticipation of a day off work. Its absolutely amazing until you get there, and then on the day (or in the season) its almost tainted a bit because you know its only a matter of time until its over. Dang....thats quite pessimistic. On to the next!

Colorado is up first, and I'm thinking that this vacay will be my favorite. I love this place. We leave June 6th! Just a few more weary days and then, we'll drive away.

So for a random change of subject, I have some STATE CHAMPION cupcakes to make! Thats right, my little sisters graduated AND won a 4A Soccer championship all in 24 hours. They're beastly. So SO proud of them. I better stop! Every time I start to think about those girls growing up I get weepy. Happy for them, happy for my parents who are officially "empty nesters," come August. Well, besides little brother Joel. The winds of change are blowing, thats for sure. Nathan's little brother, Blake, is graduating this Friday. When did we all get to grown up?!?!

Now its time to watch last week's Biggest Loser episode then hit the hay. Love you all - happy early summer!

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment