A penny for your thoughts

...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

When you're happy like a fool, you let it take you over...

So so much to happy about and grateful for. 17 school days left until summer. Lots to do between now and then. Happy to be doing what I love with people I love.

Well the half marathon is less than 3 weeks away. Last week was awesome. 23.38 miles - but in only 3 runs. I did a 9 miler, and a 10 miler, with a 4.38 in the middle. I really feel like I am going to do this! Lots of discipline required, for sure. This week I'm struggling for motivation for some reason. Ebbs and flows.

I had my first real heartbreaker today at school. Its solo tryout time for our Patriotic Tribute and little Amelia wanted that xylophone solo SO BAD. Tears tears tears. I felt so terrible I wanted to cry right a long with her. The fact that she begged me to change my mind nearly did me in. I'm in love with the fact that my little program means a lot to these kids. They are all so talented and precious. I love all of them...even the naughty ones.

Nathan and I are getting super super SUPER excited about this summer. We're saving up all of our extra money for our anniversary trip to Colorado. Also getting VERY excited about 2 camping trips - one thats just the two of us (our first ever, just us), and the 2nd annual Hahn/Hearn sibling camping trip! Both to Roaring River State Park in Missouri. We LOVE this place. So much fun.

Besides our vacation and camping trips - I am just so ready for a relaxing summer. I haven't had a summer without an actual job since I was 16 years old. It'll be nice to just do cupcakes. Nathan got me signed up with his family's plan at the YMCA so I can do classes and work out there this summer. Thats awesome considering TU's fitness center is way out of the way for summer time. I can hardly wait.

Time to go finish some solo tryouts....I will be relieved when this year is over. First year of teaching under my belt in a little over 2 weeks - CRAZY!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment