A penny for your thoughts

...

Sunday, July 10, 2011

One of my very favorite things...

.....lately its my nighttime routine. I'll outline it for you, then we'll talk about it. Haha.

Nice hot shower
Wonderful pajamas
Comb out my hair
Brush teeth
Myself, between cool sheets
Play "hanging with friends"
Watch Food Network w/ the boy
Sleepy time

My mom always told me that its good to have routines. She's right. Babies and children need bedtime routines, and often adults simply don't have time, or choose to for-go this luxury. But, it is probably one that I will protect with fervor. Its so calming and relaxing to get out of a hot shower, dry off, put on clean clothes, brush my teeth, and feel so fresh. I sleep much better when I follow this routine. Obviously, I often deviate from it - such is life - but man! It feels great to slip into cool sheets feeling relaxed and ready for rest after a long day. Finishing the day playing "hanging with friends" is honestly just a guilty pleasure - its fun and relaxing. Food Network is something that Nathan and I both really love. Its a calming and enjoyable way to end the day.

I've been following this routine for the last couple of nights and I've been thinking about how much I love going to bed this way. Its wonderful. If you don't have a nighttime routine, you should make one and try it for awhile. I wake up feeling so much more rested when I do. Might not be for everyone, but I quite enjoy it.

Sweet dreams and goodnight!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment