A penny for your thoughts

...

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Too much time on my hands

I think that in the summer, or at least this summer in particular, I have too much time to think. Never thought I'd say this, but maybe a part-time summer job is in order for next summer? Maybe I'm not being imaginative enough. I just always seem to be riled up about something these days. Too much time to think.

Been doing lots of swimming/laying out, reading....Lets stop right there. How in the HECK, does a person get 4 books at the library with hopes that the majority will be worth reading, and get the books home and only ONE of the books is worth reading. The first book, the one I was most excited about reading, was very good. Sad thing is, it was so good I finished it in 24 hrs. No problem, right? I've got 3 more books to read. Nope! They're worthless. In the first of the 3 terrible books that I picked up, the first several chapters were set at a funeral where the narator of the book meets the person that ruined her entire life. 2nd book of the 3, the old lady has Alzheimer's. WHAT?! The 3rd book of the 3, starts with the sentence "I fell in love with my great unlce Harper..." and goes on to the girl's grandmother's dying words being, "What I know about you, little girl, would break you in two." Come on! Give me something I can feel good about getting into. I don't read novels that make me cry unless its because I'm so touched. These novels were just dumb. I'm determined to try and give at leave one of them another chance. Maybe the great uncle Harper, dead grandmother one. I'm a little intrigued.

Dear me (I like saying that, because my Grams says that, and I miss her. She's fine, she just went and got herself married and moved away), today is already July 4th. This is like the middle point of the summer and its downhill to school from here. I can think of few things more depressing than that thought. 4th of July is just my very very favorite holiday. I love what it stands for, I love the time of year, I love the kind of food, I love fireworks, I love red white and blue, I LOVE AMERICA! What a wonderful place - there will always be something to complain about, and of course it is far from perfect - but don't kid yourself, you wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Share the wealth. I could talk about this for hours. I'll spare you..... : )

I need to get back to Master Chef. Count your blessings today, hug the people you love and the ones you don't, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA - I LOVE you!

Here are some pictures to keep you interested. Haha.


Going to our friends' Kayli and Brandon's wedding - congrats guys!

Taking advantage of seasonal produce!

Stone Canyon fireworks display with some of my very favorite people!

Me and B at the SC fireworks display!


Me and Nathan going fishing!

Happy SUMMER!

1 comment:

  1. Grace,
    It always has escaped me that being at teacher and waiting for summer ALL YEAR LONG - I never know what to do with it once it is here. I understand exactly how you feel. It IS time to be with yourself, and let yourself think and take care of yourself. AND, you can always start preparing for the next school year. When you and Nathan have a child, it will be a bit different!
    With love,
    SGM

    ReplyDelete