A penny for your thoughts

...

Monday, June 27, 2011

CS Lewis

So I follow CSLewisDaily on Twitter and I was just reading through his quotes. I think that he must have had just such a soft heart toward God. The way he thinks and the things he says seems to me the way that God would want to be perceived. I want to cry reading some of it, because of how true and convicting his thoughts are. Here are just a few that I couldn't resist sharing:

"It is safe to tell the pure in heart that they shall see God, for only the pure in heart want to."

"Continue seeking God with seriousness. Unless He wanted you, you would not be wanting Him"


"I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me."


"God, in the end, gives people what they most want, including freedom from himself. What could be more fair?"


"Fallen man is not simply an imperfect creature who needs improvement: he is a rebel who must lay down his arms."


"It's a poor thing to come to Him as a last resort. If God were proud He would hardly have us on such terms: but He isn't."


"The virtue of courage is a prerequisite for the practice of all other virtues otherwise one is virtuous only when virtue has no cost."


"Forgive us as we Forgive-We are offered forgiveness on no other terms. To refuse it is to refuse Gods mercy for ourselves."


I could go on and on and on and on......I really believe this man had a gift for clarity about God and his character. I'm ashamed that another person has taken the time to experience and put into words the character that I know to be true of God. I need to start experiencing this for myself and stop reading about how other people were so blessed by the presence of God.


There. is. a. hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment