A penny for your thoughts

...

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

#2. Get Rollerblades - completed

So the other day I got rollerblades. Nathan and I went to Target and I tried about 3 different pairs and then Nathan pushed me around the sports and outdoors department of the store. They are awesome. Then we went back to Nathan's house. He was doing something else, so I thought it would be a great time to test my rollerblades on Nathan's driveway. I put them on and got ready to go, and brought him out there to watch me. This is where it gets ugly.....

I only made it as far as the end of the porch when I realized I didn't exactly know how to navigate steps on rollerblades. So, doing what anyone would do...I jumped off the end of the porch. My feet flew up above my head I landed on my arm and butt. I didn't cry though.

Today I wore my rollerblades to travel across campus for the first time. Oh God. Rollerblading on brick sidewalks is SO much harder than I thought it would be. My calves are on fire.

In other news: I've started the training for the 5k (#1). So far I am really enjoying. No lie, my entire body is sore, but its getting easier each time I work out. Also, I signed up for a latin dance class yesterday and payed the money (#8). No turning back now. We'll see how this goes.

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment