A penny for your thoughts

...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

5k training...

Eye yi yi... I have been training for the 5k I am supposed to run. Staring down the barrel of an hour and a half workout gets daunting sometimes. After I'm done though, I know its worth all the pain (lots) and sweat (seriously....gross).

This is my routine:

20 minutes of nautilus cardio, intervals. Try to keep my heartrate around 170-175
Weights - 3 sets of 12 for arms (15lbs on each arm), Nathan's "Ultimate Abs" work out and some lower back strengthening.
2 miles running - 2 laps running, 1 lap walking for 16 laps. (Each week I add half a mile, and another lap of running in a row)

I do this workout Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and a less strenuous version on Sundays.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have Zumba dance class. Its latin dance. We also do some abs and really awesome stretching. Its fun, but pretty hard. I'm not a natural dancer...

Slowly but surely I am completing items off the list. I am having fun with it so far I guess. I've only really tackled the big stuff. I think Nathan and I decided what we're going to record. Its probably going to be "Whiskey Lullaby." Mmmmmm...

Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I ran a 5K last May. I was going for 27 minutes but it took me 30.
    There were hills I wasn't ready for. you should add some hills to your workout.

    ReplyDelete