A penny for your thoughts

...

Friday, January 9, 2009

The next thing on my list...

To do before May 8th, 2009:

1. Run a 5k

2. Get roller blades

3. Fly a kite

4. Go on a picnic

5. Get a pet

6. Visit my family once a week

7. Give a compliment each day, and mean it

8. Take a dance class

9. Go on a road trip

10. Hot air balloon ride*

11. Watch Denis The Menice

12. Lose 10-15 lbs.

13. Sew a piece of clothing and wear it in public

14. Read my bible every day

15. Go swimming in a lake, river, and pond

16. Climb a tree

17. Make a difference in some one's life

18. Watch a sunrise

19. Record a song with Nathan

20. Give a selfless gift

Call it a resolution, call it a to do list. I've decided its time for me to stop letting my life happen without doing anything to make it great. Some of these things are things I've always wanted to do. Some are things I know I should do, but have neglected. And some are simply challenges to myself to make my life count for something more than existence.

In this blog I will document my progress in completing the items on this list. Who knows what amazing things will happen along this journey. We shall soon see...

*I recently googled hot air balloon rides, and while it has been a lifelong dream of mine, I do not currently, and will not in the forseable future have $200 dollars to spend at will. But I'll give it the old college try. We'll see what happens.

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment