A penny for your thoughts

...

Saturday, April 25, 2009

So close, and so far...

Today I'm in Claremore working at my dad's store. My dad owns a store - Steve's Saturday Store. A wonderful little store downtown. Its pretty adorable. Stop in sometime if you're in town. Anyway, I'm working because my dad went to my sister's soccer tournament in Norman. And I love this day.

Nathan and I got together last night after we got off work. We watched the new episode of the office (I am amazed at Michael's business savvy in this episode, absolutely unprecidented, literally) and then we watched Vegas Vacation (which we rented for free with my blockbuster rewards coupon, that felt good). I had never see Vegas Vacation. My National Lampoon's knowledge was limited to the original and Christmas vacation. But this one was SO good! Loved it.

We also shared stories of how dissapointed we were in ourselves for eating absolutely terribly in the last 24-36 hours. We vowed not to eat fast food for at least a week, and to go to Subway for lunch today, which we both did, albeit seperately, because I had to go to Claremore and he was staying in Tulsa.

Tonight we get to go to the opera! I am so excited. We're going to se La lixer d'amore (The Elixer of Love). A quite famous opera, really. We're going to get dressed up and have an absolutely marvelous time. I literally can't wait.

Right now, sitting in my dad's store, making sure people don't steal anything and trying to get started on a report I have due Monday about "Manipulability in voting systems." I couldn't be less enthusiastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment