A penny for your thoughts

...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

la la la la la la life is wonderful

Stayed home sick today. Went to the Dr. and he said I have a pretty bad sinus infection. Good news is that I found 5 bucks on the way to the doctor's office. Niiiiice. So I got some Panera while I was waiting on my prescription. Well I went to Target to get my prescription and I came out with that - and two new pairs of shoes. Here's my favorite...


Yeah, I pretty much love these.

Also went for a run this morning. Wasn't too sure how that was gonna go because I can't go 2 minutes without a coughing fit, but I actually felt better while running than I did before or after. Plus it was a gorgeous day, so I ran outside. Pretty wonderful. It felt SO GOOD to not be on a treadmill. I can run so much faster! And I did. 34 minute 5K today, which isn't a big deal for most people, but is pretty much a time I have only ever run when accompanied with race-day adrenaline. To offer a bit of perspective, I've been running a 5K in training in 37 or 38 pretty consistantly. So I'm a proud runner today.

I'm also now a proud member of Owasso's running group "King of the Road." Its a facebook group where invited runners can go to log their miles every day. At the end of the week the group admin adds up everyone's miles and the runner with the most mileage gets to have the "trophy", which is an actual piece of the road (a hunk of asphault about the side of a dinner plate) for the week. You wouldn't believe how motivating it is. I want that piece of road so bad!

Confession: Today (and not just today) made me realize how very very much I would enjoy being a stay-at-home mom. I adore my job. But I REALLY adore getting things done around my apartment, running erands when there aren't 5 million people at the store, running when its light outside, and TAKING MY TIME with all of it. There's a time and place for every season of life, and I know I'm not there yet. Also when I'm actually a stay-at-home mom, my day wouldn't be as blissful as today was because I am not, in fact, a mom. Kids would make a huge difference. But a good one. Ohhhhh, a girl can dream! And that is my dream, at least for now. I know plenty of people who are "the grass is greener" kind of people, and when they're a stay-at-home mom they wish they could go back to work...but when they're at work, they wish they could stay home. Well, we shall see! This is a long way off for us....

Tomorrow its back to school. I'm watching Heidi after work so I've gotta get my run in before school. Back to running in the dark, I guess. Oh, BTW I know I said that this blog was also going to chronicle my progress with "The List: 2011." It will do that - but I haven't really gotten started except for half-marathon training. More to come about the list SOON! Promise.

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment