A penny for your thoughts

...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The List: Spring 2011

Two years ago, in January of 2009, I decided to make a list. The things on the list were things that I had always wanted to do - some that I would have to learn how to do, some that would take lots of work and dedication, and some that were easy, but fun, and some that were selfless acts. I gave myself until May to complete it. Making and completing the items on that list changed my life forever. So much so that I made another list for that summer and completed that one too. I haven't made another one since that year. Today I was reading my journaling of those experiences and rememebering what a profound impact those lists had on my life. So I'm doing it again. Here is my new list:

The List: Spring 2011

1. Run a half marathon

2. Learn how to play the guitar for real

3. Build up piano repetoire with the time I usually spend of facebook

4. Become a friend to someone I don't like

5. See a shooting star

6. Go to an art show

7. Visit a museum

8. Explore Tulsa - go to all the places I've always heard about and have wanted to go, but never have. Or places I have gone, but love, and would like to go again....and EXPERIENCE THEM!

List of those places (with room to add more): Ida Red, Purple glaze, the famous mansions, etc.

9. Make a photo collage of my life

10. Read books of all kinds: Biographies, Documentaries, Guides, Non-fiction, Classics, Novels, etc.

11. Meditate in silence for one hour at serene location of my choice

12. Purchase something "vintage"

13. Go running in the Utica neighborhoods

14. Make a promise that's hard to keep, and keep it.

15. Be unneccesarily kind to people, if there's even such a thing...

16. Try a food that I don't think I like, but have never tried.

17. Memorize a passage of scripture

18. Go camping!

19. Cook a gormet meal from scratch

20. Spend an entire day with my sisters

There you have it. The following blogs will journal my experiences completing the items on the list and any other nonsense I decide to include along the way. Here's hoping it all gets done!

Grace

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to go to Ida Red, but it always slips my mind when I get to Tulsa. Let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete