A penny for your thoughts

...

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nathan really likes peanut butter twix. So whenever he gets one he eats both of the pieces and then blows up the wrapper and gives it to me, trying to make me thing he's going to let me have one. I know him so much better than that. Firstly, I know how serious he is about twix...Secondly, he isn't by nature a share-er when it comes to food. Like when I always ask him to split something with me, he has to have his own. So I didn't fall for his twix trick today and he was like, "Grace one of these days I'm gonna get you a twix, and you're going to slap it away but its gonna be real. I'll be the boy who cried twix." Ah...I just love him.

Here's another Nathan story. (I'm in love with him). The other day I got home before Nathan did so I sat in "his" chair, because its super cushy. Well, there's an ottoman (sp?) in front of it, so you can't really sit directly in it. Long story short...I ended up falling off of the ottoman, into the chair. I heard a loud noise. I have broken Nathan's Chair. I so debated not telling him..because if you fixed the cushion just right, you really couldn't tell...until you sat in it. He got home and he was in such a good mood and we were going to some friends' house to watch The Bachelor, so I decided to wait until after we got home. He was glad that I told him. I told him that I almost didn't. It was like when you confess something to your parents before they find out on their own and then your punishment isn't as bad. Obviously, I wouldn't have been in trouble with Nathan, but he definitely wasn't as mad as he would have been. And since he's a super awesome human - he was able to fix this tremendously hard to fix chair and is now sitting in it happily. James Taylor's "Handyman" comes to mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzW1LEY125s . He's handy with love, and he's no fool...Also, he can just fix anything. For real.

Today while I was running a 8 yr. old shot me with an airsoft gun. I was at mile 4.5 and I was on a ROLE. So I see the kid and he sees me. He comes out into the street and starts running beside me. I could see it in his eyes - he was so aiming at me. Then, BAM! Right in the hip. Pretty ballsie. He then ran away rather swiftly as I yelled after him "I know where you live!!!" I SO do. He's gonna regret that decision...

Tomorrow is Friday - ra ding ding dip a doo! (Andy Bernard).

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment