A penny for your thoughts

...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cupcakey Cakes by Grace and Spring Break

I have always loved to watch shows about cupcakes. I have always loved to eat cupcakes. I have always loved to make cupcakes for people. I made some cupcakes for a get-together with some friends a couple of weeks ago and they went over famously. SO, I have decided to start making a little extra cash by making cupcakes for people. It is something I love, and something that other people love, and since Nathan and I are on a new budget, I could use a little spending money, and I love that. I'm excited, because there is nothing I don't love about making cupcakes! Here is one of my cupcakes;



Running is going famously. Last Saturday I ran 8.2 miles. Farthest distance I've ever run. Feels good. Awesome, even. Something that doesn't feel so awesome is my left index toe/toenail. It appears to be falling off. The toenail, that is. I have heard that this can happen to long-distance runners, I just hoped it would never happen to me. Its not the worst thing in the world, but there are more pleasant things. Its turning gray, and the toel around it is red and irritated. Its really hot, and has a heartbeat. The thing I most dread about the toenail-falling-off process is how disgusting/uncomfortable/unsettling it is. But hey, Toenails grow back. Tomorrow I'm using a giftcard I got for a pedicure. I guess I just won't have them paint that nail. Hmm.

Spring break is just dreamy. Nathan and I have started watching Lost from the very beginning. We had never seen any of it before. It is so stinkin good. I'm glad we started watching it on Spring Break because I don't know if I could pull myself away to go to work. Its just the right amount of scary/creepy. Yeah, great great show.

Nathan and I are starting plans for my summer music camp at St. Mary. I'm going to do a pitched percussion masterclass and he's going to do a guitar masterclass. The two of those in the afternoons, coupled with a general music session in the mornings will make for a nice little music camp for my students. I'm pretty excited. It will be part of my contribution to our finances for the summer. That, and my cupcakes.

I'm making some for a baby shower this weekend. Pretty stoked about that. Bought most of the supplies today, getting the rest tomorrow. Can't wait to start working on them Friday. I really don't want Spring Break to end. Bethany and I went to swing at Funtastic Island tonight. It was glorious, like old times. Makes me REALLY excited about summer. We talked about all the camping we're going to do. I can't wait. Summer is....71 days away for me. Lord give me strength.

The month of April won't be especially enjoyable for The Hearns (of the Nathan and Grace variety). Say a little prayer if you think of us. Nathan has a crazy rehearsal and performance schedule with all of the different ensembles he is in, plus his Junior recital. He'll hardly be home in the evenings. My schedule won't be as busy as his, but I'll have to fill my time while he's gone with something. Maybe working out, or making cupcakes, or reading. Our apartment will probably get pretty clean. I already miss him. We're making the most of our Spring Break, hoping all of this time together will be able to get us through the lonely times in the coming weeks. (sigh)

So there's a little update into our life. Hope you've enjoyed it. Until next time...

G

No comments:

Post a Comment