A penny for your thoughts

...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The sun shines on the good and the bad

Having kind of a crazy week, and its only Tuesday. I woke up at 7:15 this morning - I usually leave for work at 7:05. Awesome times. I guess thats how you know you need more sleep.

Running has been good lately. 7 and 1/2 weeks to D-day (half marathon!!) I completed another item off the list last week. I ran in the Utica/Peoria neighborhoods. Thats been a dream of mine ever since I started running. Don't know why I've never done it before. It was pretty awesome - VERY hilly. But a great workout...and its 5 miles long. I was listening to the radio this morning and they were coincidentally talking about half marathons and the guy read these verses - heard it a thousand times before but this morning it was like I was hearing with new ears:

24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

I love that. I love the parallel between running and faith. I feel this all the time when I'm running - that the concepts are so much the same. Both very hard to stick to, both worth every moment of pain and sacrifice. I'm getting teary-eyed.....oh geez.

BIG cupcake happenings this weekend! Tonight, I'm starting on my ladybugs for Miss Brooke Weston's 1st Birthday! I am beyond excited to make her the best cupcakes EVER! Her mom showed me her outfit for her party and let me just say - CUTEST red and black tutu I have EVER seen. So, after much careful thought and preparation, here is the plan! (I did not make these cupcake - this is just the picture I got off of the internet):


Yeah, I love these. My ladybugs are gonna be a bit bigger, too. I am so excited though - these have the potential to be the cutest I have ever done. I will post picture of my actual cupcakes this weekend some time. Yay, for cupcakes!! I'm also making Brooke the cake that she gets to smash all over her face - a "smasher" cake. It will be one big lady bug. I am so pumped!

Have a great week, everybody!

Grace



1 comment:

  1. Love the passage! What a great reminder to do everything with the intent on finishing and doing it well! I def. needed to hear that for sure! Even if it isn't running... everything I do has a purpose so I need to act like it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete