A penny for your thoughts

...

Monday, April 11, 2011

LOVE this time of year!

Everything seems to have turned green over night! I adore it!!!

So last week was a big week for the Hearns. Nathan had rehearsal every night, a recital jury, NATS (college solo singing competition), and a concert on Saturday night to perform in. It was lonely without him, but good for me in some ways. I thought I would be miserable all week without him, but I was able to work on being a little more independant - something I struggle with, so it was good! I also got a lot done and was even able to enjoy some alone time. Thats a big deal for me! Nathan's concert was absolutely sensational, and I got to go with his mom, sister Bethany, and both of my parents. He also passed his recital jury with flying colors - made one of the judges cry. Thats how you know you did great. I'm so SO proud of him.

I had work all week, and 2 cupcake orders due in the same weekend (first time that has happened...) and I spent a lot of my time in the evenings either running, cleaning house, or making cupcake decorations. I made 96 tiny flowers last week and the cupcakes turned out beautifully! I also ran a total of 22.11 miles last week, and 15 of those miles were within 3 days! Because of all that, I won King of the Road for my third time! SO proud of that. I had a great running week, and I am super encouraged and hopeful for the half marathon in just 6 short weeks. My heart races just thinking about it!

Here is my weekend in cupcakes - the flower cupcakes were for a bridal shower on Saturday afternoon, and the "R" cupcakes were for a baby shower on Sunday afternoon. Had a lot of fun with them, and was also able to make some Eastery sprinkled cupcakes with extra supplies!


Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Spring season. I'm treasuring every day. Oh yes, Nathan and I are officially going to Colorado the first week in June for our 1st anniversary! Can't wait for that - we're going to re-live our honeymoon on a smaller scale. Gonna be a blast.

Thats all for now - have a blessed and safe week, friends!

Grace

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on KOTR again!! So glad you had a good week! I know it is hard when your hubby is gone a lot... but it is nice to have things that keep you busy when it has to be that way!

    ReplyDelete