A penny for your thoughts

...

Monday, April 18, 2011

Six days and counting until I can have a Mountain Dew...

Mountain Dew is calling my NAAAAAAAME! 6 more days and I can have all I want. Giving it up for Lent has been good for me. If for no other reason than the fact that sometimes it is good to deprive yourself of things. We don't always get what we want. Thats just the way it is. I also feel like I can empathize with all of my Catholic co-workers - even though I can eat whatever kind of meat I want to on Fridays. Haha. Also, the suffering that Jesus endured was, obviously, way worse than my nostalgia over Mt. Dew. Puts things in perspective white a bit.

This really is quite a lovely time of year. This morning Liz and I went for a 6 mile run at 5 AM. Sounds disgusting, but I love starting my day this way. It an awesome way to wake up and get the juices flowing. It makes for pretty full days though. I haven't gotten up at 4:45 in years. Liz and I are both getting pretty excited about the Half-Marathon in 5 weeks!!! Hard to believe it is coming up that quick, but we're right on track (pun intended, or not).

I have 3 orders of cupcakes this week. Wedesday I'm making an order for Nathan's Junior Voice recital at TU. Should be pretty awesome. Friday is my day to bring dessert at school and everyone is requesting cupcakes so I'll probably make some for that. And Saturday I have an order of owl cupcakes to do for a birthday party. Busy week in cupcakes, should be fun! Too bad I'm only getting paid for 1 order out of the 3. I'm alright with it.

My first year of teaching is coming to a close and it has been a successful one! I have made great friends in the teachers I teach with and have gotten to know some really precious children and parents. I can't wait for what next year holds for me at School of St. Mary! First things first, though, is my patriotic assembly on May 10th! Also coming up incredibly fast. Should be fun and entertaining for all. The kids are excited about it, and I've actually be able to teach them some pretty impressive stuff! Its such a cool experience to be able to teach children to be musically literate. I can't imagine not being able to read music - it is definitely quite the gift to be given. I absolutely love that I get to be the person to give that gift to children. It really is pretty special. Of course that is not all I do, but it is a wonderful part of the job. Its also amazing to see students who struggle with classroom work completely blow their classmates out of the water on a musical instrument. I love being a part of that child getting his/her chance to shine - there's just nothing sweeter as a music teacher. I can't figure out how to not make that rhyme. In other words, I love my job - and I'm grateful that I get to do this for a living - talk to sweet kids all day and share the most precious of gifts.

Need to get off of here and go get the remainder of my cupcake supplies so I can start on those bad boys. I'll be sure to post pictures of all of them soon. Hope you're reading this in good health and peace of mind. Have a lovely and blessed week, friends.

Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment