A penny for your thoughts

...

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Days 3, 4, 5 of Colo!

Colorado has been AWESOME!!! Last full day tomorrow....Here is a recap of the last 3 days!

Day 3: This was Denver day! We had an absolute blast in Denver. Its about an hour and 20 minutes away from where we are staying. We started our day there eating lunch at Jack -n- Grill. They are famous for the 7lb. Burrito which I have a picture of. No, we did not order it. It is probably enough food for about 5 or 6 people. The things that we did get were super delicious though. Goooooood eats. Next we went to a national park called Red Rocks. They have an amazing amphitheater that seats almost 10,000 people. Loads of way famous people have done concerts there and the scenery of the Red Rock formations and mountain views just blew us away. Very very cool. After Red Rocks, we went to see movies. The reason I say movies? Well we couldn't settle on one so I went to see Bridesmaids and Nathan went to see the new X-men. Haha, it was fun. Bridesmaids is hilarious. For dinner we went to Denver's Cherry Cricket. It was amazing too. I ordered a martini (bad idea) and it was so expensive that I felt terrible not finishing it, so I choked it down. I am not a drinker. : ) So that was basically it. After dinner we listened to some live music and then we went home. Lovely day.

Day 4: This day we didn't really have much planned so it was just kind of a chill day. We did go into Manitou Springs to do some shopping. I got a hot pink feather in my hair. Its pretty awesome. Nathan also went to this legit fly shop and got some fishing supplies. When we got home, Nathan went fishing and I spent the afternoon reading and watching Million Dollar Match Maker, and House Hunters. Pretty decent day.

Day 5: Probably my favorite day so far! We started the day off by going to Garden of the Gods and going mountain biking! It was exhilerating and so much FUN! Lots of insane hills (of course, we expected this) and some amazing downhill stretches. It was incredible - probably the fastest I've ever gone on a bike. Garden of the Gods has pretty stinkin awesome bike lanes, so going down hills was awesome because we were going so fast down hills that we were going the same speed as cars. Ah! We got some water and refreshments at the Trading Post at GOTG, then..................we headed out to Pikes Peak Highway! This might have been my favorite thing of our time in Colo this year. Its hard to describe how amazing driving that highway was. We rode the Cog Railroad train last year and it was cool, but THIS was so much better (and much cheaper). Lots of awesome sights to be seen and amazing views from the top. On the way down it started SNOWING! Like real snow, on June 11th! Crazy. And Awesome. We both went fishing when we got back to Green Mountain Falls and I caught my first ever Colorado trout (or any fish period). For dinner we went to this really awesome pizza place in Manitou Springs. Favorite day. Ah, I miss it already!

Look forward to THE anniversary post. Thats next! We love Colorado. But I, I won't speak for Nathan, miss home, family and friends too. Guess I'm a home-body. Stay tuned for the wrap-up edition of the Colo posts! Next time I post it will probably be from home!

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment