A penny for your thoughts

...

Monday, June 20, 2011

Post-vacay blues

Being back from Vacation has been amazing and frustrating. I'm finding it hard to get motivated to do.....anything! I set my alarm for before 9 every day and the last few days I haven't gotten out of bed before like 10:30. This afternoon I got to watch the Weston children so their mama could go get her eyes checked. Put the (PRECIOUS) baby down for a nap and played Mario Kart and Rock Band for 2 hours with the boys. Ballin. I have missed babysitting a lot since I've been married. I guess people think newlyweds all of the sudden hate children. Not true!

After babysitting I WAS able to motivate myself to pick up and clean our whole apartment. Feels good to get some stuff done. Had to throw away my two plants that I've had since soph. year of college. That was pretty awful. I didn't think I would get so upset about that, but those plants have been with me through all kinds of incredible times in my life. I just couldn't get them nursed back to health. Its like the ending of an era. Little sad. Moving on! Tonight was church league softball. Our teams did well (1-1), but there are 2 or 57 things I am better at. I can imagine that me playing any kind of sport (besides running) would be hard to watch - but MOST of all, church league softball. Whoo-wee.

People are wanting lots of Cupcakey Cakes these days! Business is looking good. And I've got some CUTE ideas for the orders I have coming up. Butterfly baby shower, and hot pink, lime green and black bachelorette party! Should be fun. If you or your friends need cupcakes for any occasion - LET ME KNOW! I'd love to create a custom dessert for you. Comment on this blog post, or find Grace Hearn on facebook and message me!

Tonight while I was running I decided some things. 1. No pop for a week. Just to try it and see if it makes as big of a difference as everyone says it does. I'm gonna do my best to replace all the pop I drink with like twice the amount of water. We'll see how it goes! 2. I need to be running more regularly. Or doing SOME kind of very regular exercise. I need to get into that pattern again. I am still trying to be really careful with my right index toenail which keeps acting like it wants to fall off like the one on my other foot did. Super annoying - can't let that hold me back though. 3. Need to start eating a lot cleaner. I have been taking advantage of the summer season and getting seasonal fruits and vegis. Can't wait to visit the Farmer's Market this weekend and get some awesome produce - and EAT BETTER. 4. Need to stop being down on myself. Been struggling with that quite a bit lately, and some times the trick to snapping out of that is to just STOP it. Refuse to go there, and do stuff to make it better. This is going to be a great summer.

Grace

1 comment:

  1. SO I may have had a dream last night about your cupcakes for the baby shower! Basically in the dream, I was a complete failure and totally forgot everything, which you turned out to remember {like the cupcakes, plates, napkins and even punch and cups!} Anyways, just thought you would like to know! Can't wait to see what your creative brain comes up with!!

    ReplyDelete