A penny for your thoughts

...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birthday Blizzard

Snow days are so weird - and fun. They don't feel like a Saturday...but they don't feel like week days...And in this snow, there's not really much you can do in the way of playing in it, at least until it stops actually blizzard-ing out there. Nathan suggests that we walk to Quik Trip (1.25 miles away). I asked him why, and  he said,"To get stuff." Not motivation enough for me. Its probably not a good sign that I'm already feeling sort of cabin feverish...we're less than 24 hours in....

I have been texting my little sister who just told me that my brother wanted pizza so badly, that he set out walking to the nearest convenience store - BJ's - about a mile and a half from my parent's house. Well no one heard from him for awhile so my mom called BJ's and asked if he had gotten there yet. They said he had just gotten there. He left like an hour and a half before. My sister was telling me this, and said that no one in their right mind would be out in this weather...and thats when I said,"This is why Joel is out in this weather." If you knew Joel, you would know what I mean. He's CRAZY! (Not literally, because talking about him being crazy if he actually was, would be mean. He's just irrational - haha). Hope he got his pizza. I told her to text me when he got home - she hasn't texted me yet. Its sad that I am relying on her text to provide some excited in this day. That, and The Biggest Loser, tonight. But thats still 2 hours away.

Found out about an hour ago that we don't have school tomorrow either - huge surprise there. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to go outside and play in the snow. So much for running at all this week. I don't even think I could get to the gymn at The Greens to use the treadmill. Gosh. Yesterday I got a pretty good one in - 3 mi. That'll have to last me for the week. Alright, I'm done here.

P.S. Joel just got home. He got his pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment