A penny for your thoughts

...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I like using the word "googly" to describe things...

On Sunday Nathan took me to urgent care where they told me that my sinus infection never went away with the antibiotic that I got 2 and a half weeks ago, and that I also had the flu. This came as no shock to me. The frustrating thing was the amount of coughing that I have had for about a month now. I am happy to say that with my new antibiotic, my coughing has all but disappeared. St. Mary's had school Monday and Tuesday, and I missed both days because on the medicine I'm taking you're not supposed to drive or work. That was kind of a bummer, but I completely understand why they suggest doing neither of those things while on this medication. The best way I can think to describe the feeling is "googly." Googly, nauseous, and impared.

St. Mary's cancelled school today because we got another 10 inches of snow, so I got an extra day to recoup. Which is nice because the googly medicine is helping a lot, and tomorrow I'll have to stop taking it so I can go to work. Its not actually called "the googly medicine." Its Lortab. The doctor said that it has the same active ingredients in cough medicine (hydrocodone), so I didn't have to get 2 different prescriptions - they're knocking out the body/head aches and the coughing with one medicine. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I know I'll be completely exhausted by the end of the day, but it'll be good to see my precious students again. THAT, I am really excited about! Nathan dug my car out of the snow and turned it around so I wouldn't have to back out in the morning when I'm leaving for school. It has been 10 days since I have driven. Thats crazy, and might be a record.

Let me just say that Nathaniel David Hearn is the most wonderful person I've ever known. He takes care of me like no one else can. I love him dearly. So so grateful for him in my life.

Tomorrow its back to everything. It has been a week since my last run. I'm thinking that over training might have been partially to blame for the poor quality of my immune system. So I'm going to take it a bit easier now. Freaking out and trying to do a 5-miler right off the bat won't work. We'll try 1.5 or 2 for tomorrow and see how it goes. I'll get there...can't get ahead of myself. Hopefully I won't have to take a week off again.

List update: I went to Purple Glaze and Ida Red. My reaction to Purple Glaze was that it would be awesome to go there and spend the day - but that place takes time - something I did not really have. Its not really a stop by and browse kind of a place. I'll have to bring a friend and make a day of it. If I could do that, which I will, that place would be totally awesome, although a little pricy. Ida Red was pretty much a big fat disappointment. The people that work there were all talking to eachother when I walked in and didn't even look up when the little bell rang announcing my entrance. Oh and that never changed as I browsed around the store - it was like I was invisable. Not cool. Also, besides an extensive Toms selection - which was cool, the actual merchandise was pretty lame and way overpriced. While I will definitely make a point to return to Purple Glaze when I can do the experience justice, I will not make a repeat visit to Ida Red.

There you go.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment