A penny for your thoughts

...

Friday, February 25, 2011

A new look/Best weekend EVER!

Well friends, how do I look? (This is the blog speaking).

I decided to give it a much needed overhaul. Feels good. I like orange. In most areas of my life I can't get away with making things orange (clothes, shoes, home decor, etc.). So the blog gets it. "A penny for your thoughts"...you are orange.

This has been one of the busiest and most tiring weeks in a long time. I've been running consistently again (since I was sick) for 2 weeks now and it feels good. Well, I say it feels good. Mostly I'm just trying to create a self-fulfilling prophesy. It doesn't feel good right now. Most days I'm tired before I even begin, and when I finish I just want to die. Hopefully this is just because my week has been so crazy and next week will be better. Tomorrow, Liz and I are going to do my 2.5 mi. loop 3X. 7 1/2 miles. That will be the longest either of us has ever gone. Pray for us. : )

Tonight Nathan and I are going to see Don Giovanni at the PAC downtown. Tulsa Opera always does a really good job, but I'm especially excited about this one because I know so many songs from it. Nathan and I actually did a duet from this opera when we were both still in college together. Nathan has also done several of the tenors solos. Should be an awesome time. I can't wait to see it tonight!!

I'm making wedding cupcakes for this weekend. I'm going to hang out with my church friends from high school, who are becoming just my regular friends again, instead of my old friends. LOVE this development. The cupcakes are because this time when we hang out we've decided to go with a "wedding theme". Stephanie is getting married and we're going to help her with plans and watch wedding movies, and they don't know this yet, but eat wedding cupcakes! I went to the sugar art supply store by my work and got some pink and green fondant, fondant cutters (flower shaped), and piping bags. I already have all kinds of sprinkles. These cupcakes are going to be LEGIT! Vanilla cupcakes, with buttercream and strawberry icing and layered fondant flowers. Yummmmm....

Also, tomorrow I'm going shopping with my sisters and their friends for "prom underwear." Apparently my mom couldn't bear to go with them on this excursion. Thats alright. Haha. I can't believe they're seniors. I love them so much.

So in other words, this is going to be THE BEST weekend EVER. I'm looking forward to it all - especially Sunday when, hopefully, I will have a few hours to relax. Cheers!

Nathan and I the last time we went to the opera

No comments:

Post a Comment